Log in

I forgot my password

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42


    How do you like the place?

    Share

    Poll

    What do you think?

    Total Votes: x
    avatar
    Roy42
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 1351
    Location : Here
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    How do you like the place?

    Post by Roy42 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    This is the thread for everyone to leave feedback, along with a vote.

    A lot of work, several months and more than a handful of iterations has gone into this community, apart from the topics that aren't yet finished, it was intended to be a complete experience before it was opened to the public.

    So please be honest with your votes, what do you think of the Phineas and Ferb Community?


    Last edited by Roy42 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total


    ___________________________________________________
    **********************
    **********************

    Regards,

    ≈Roy42

    phineasfletcher

    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by phineasfletcher on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:31 am

    i think it needs more members we dont enough to have 30
    avatar
    ChatterBox

    Number of posts : 327
    Age : 22
    Location : Drueselstein; hunting down my beloved soul mate
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by ChatterBox on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 am

    I can't say I don;t agree with 'ya there, Ollie. But school starts for some us soon and I'm certain I can get a few people to come. Great people here though (by the way, I'm including myself on the whole "great people" thing) and to me, that's what matters most. The forums and the way they are organised are great and we've got an epic adminstrator who thinks (more so of probably CAN) beat Chuck Norris in a fight which is certainly something I would not be capable of. Not to mention disturbing pictures of a more feminine Ferb, what more could one ask for?
    avatar
    Roy42
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 1351
    Location : Here
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Roy42 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 am

    phineasfletcher wrote:i think it needs more members we dont enough to have 30

    I'm guessing that you haven't read the Rules and Guidelines in the Information and Help Desk forum, since that sentence was barely understandable, in fact, I don't understand it, all I gather you saying is that it needs more members, which I don't think so, there's a steady stream of activity and that's all I want in this forum at the most basic level. Yes, more members would be nice, but it's not a necessity.

    ChatterBox wrote:I can't say I don;t agree with 'ya there, Ollie. But school starts for some us soon and I'm certain I can get a few people to come. Great people here though (by the way, I'm including myself on the whole "great people" thing) and to me, that's what matters most. The forums and the way they are organised are great and we've got an epic adminstrator who thinks (more so of probably CAN) beat Chuck Norris in a fight which is certainly something I would not be capable of. Not to mention disturbing pictures of a more feminine Ferb, what more could one ask for?

    Thanks, as I've said before, I didn't rush through the creation, it was going on since 2008.


    ___________________________________________________
    **********************
    **********************

    Regards,

    ≈Roy42

    BigNeerav

    Number of posts : 699
    Location : Northeastern USA somewhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by BigNeerav on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 am

    Roy is correct. These forums take time to create from scratch, even if there is a template available. There are imporvements that need to be made, sure, and Roy admtted that, but for now, this is a great forum where people can REALLY interact in a friendlt and informative enviornment to talk about the show. There is no other forum out there that is as good as this one!
    avatar
    Roy42
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 1351
    Location : Here
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Roy42 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 am

    Because there's no other Phineas and Ferb forum out there that's actually a forum and not a message board that spans from something like TV.com.


    ___________________________________________________
    **********************
    **********************

    Regards,

    ≈Roy42

    BigNeerav

    Number of posts : 699
    Location : Northeastern USA somewhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by BigNeerav on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:36 am

    Amen to that, Roy. And we also have stuff to talk about on this forum that is not related to PaF, if you get bored talking about "Phineas and Ferb". We have a mix of everything, which is why this forum is unique and even one of its kind.
    avatar
    eeemeee

    Number of posts : 449
    Age : 24
    Location : The world
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by eeemeee on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 am

    BigNeerav wrote:We have a mix of everything, which is why this forum is unique and even one of its kind.

    Well, not to burst your bubble or anything Neerav, but other forums concentrated on a narrow topic like this often do have threads for other stuff. Wink But still.

    ChatterBox wrote:Not to mention disturbing pictures of a more feminine Ferb, what more could one ask for?

    Well said, ChatterBox. xD

    BigNeerav

    Number of posts : 699
    Location : Northeastern USA somewhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by BigNeerav on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:42 am

    I understand, but of you are bored of talking of PaF related things (which is hard to do), you can discuss movies, books and such. Our primary focus, however, should be related to the show, but we like to have other things also to talk about.
    avatar
    phineasfletcher

    Number of posts : 19
    Location : Danville,United States Of America
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by phineasfletcher on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 am

    i meant we bearly have 50 this is pretty small for a forum and thers basically not a big success infact its not a success at all we need advirtisement because this is going to be boring getting to know the same people on this forum because more than 30% are bearly on i know it because i know someone on this forum (iamtheplatypus aka barlowgirl101 on youtube)
    avatar
    Roy42
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 1351
    Location : Here
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Roy42 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 am

    phineasfletcher wrote:i meant we bearly have 50 this is pretty small for a forum and thers basically not a big success infact its not a success at all we need advirtisement because this is going to be boring getting to know the same people on this forum because more than 30% are bearly on i know it because i know someone on this forum (iamtheplatypus aka barlowgirl101 on youtube)

    1. I'm perfectly happy with 50 users, in fact I was perfectly happy with 35 users. But, since you're the expert apparently, would you like to link me to your forum that you created that has existed for just over 4 months that has enough users that you feel like you can call it a success?

    2. Considering it took the true lifeblood out of the TV.com Phineas and Ferb forum and is the best Phineas and Ferb forum on the internet, not to mention that 'success' means the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, which the purpose and aim of this forum was to gain a steady stream of activity and bring as many people as possible just from the TV.com forum alone over, I would have to say that yes, it is a success, a big one, in fact, since it's gained new members from multiple sites, not just TV.com.

    3. You're absolutely right, because throwing a shoutout to the forum on YouTube to over 2000 subscribers who are basically all of the fans of Phineas and Ferb is definitely not advertisement at all. Care to share even more wisdom, I clearly know nothing about the internet, please, teach me!

    4. As one of several who have known each other for over a year and have not gotten bored with talking to each other about Phineas and Ferb among other topics, I can say that you are wrong, it's not going to get boring, in fact, that's what makes a forum good in some instances, when the members know each other by more than just their username, because they become more like actual friends that way. But we've already established that you know so much more than me, so I guess I should listen to this advice as well.

    5. Pick a forum, any forum in the world besides something like 2chan, you will find that an average of 30% of its users are actually active as well. Or do you know of a forum where everyone is always on and posting all of the time?

    Lastly, if you supposedly knew that barely anyone was on the forum and that there weren't that many members, therefore you would have known that it would supposedly get boring, why are you even registered? I'm not kidding, why did you join if you're going to basically say that the site is a failure with no evidence whatsoever to back it up?

    Also, when I said that I want you to read the guidelines, I meant in that I want you to put some effort into your posts, so that what happened before, when I couldn't understand what you wrote, doesn't happen.


    ___________________________________________________
    **********************
    **********************

    Regards,

    ≈Roy42
    avatar
    Laughingcheese:)

    Number of posts : 334
    Age : 23
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Laughingcheese:) on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 am

    Most forum's I see have only around 10 to 15 members....this one has way more!. And also i want to agree with all of Roy's points.He is the one you did all the hard work and made this site what it is today.I also find that its not going to get boring...I enjoy talking to everyone here..it will never get boring!!!!!!!!!!!

    P.s sorry to go on a monologue but i find this place the best it can be.

    BigNeerav

    Number of posts : 699
    Location : Northeastern USA somewhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by BigNeerav on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:56 pm

    As one of the people who helped bring this forum to life, I agree with Roy also. A forum can have over 500 members and not be successful because of many reasons, such as rude members or bad moderatring, which has caused that message board/forum to either shrink or to disappear altogether. Sometimes, bigger is not always better, and being small, such as this forum, allows for better discussions of the show and anything related to it. That is why this forum is becoming more popular.
    avatar
    DjangoKatie

    Number of posts : 248
    Location : Miseryville (somewhere in England)
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by DjangoKatie on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 am

    This place is awesome! Perfect for chatting about the show, or for just finding out what other people are doing lately. I personally give this site two hands up. cheers
    avatar
    Shwoo

    Number of posts : 21
    Age : 28
    Location : Canberra, Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Shwoo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm

    I voted "It's nice, but it needs work".

    I did lurk a bit before I joined, and I have some criticisms:

    -Four boards for video games seems a bit over the top for a forum about a Disney cartoon. I don't think there's an above average amount of crossover between gamers and Phineas and Ferb fans.

    -I see a fan creations forum, a character discussion forum and an episode discussion forum, but no general Phineas and Ferb discussion forum. I guess they could go in the general misc forum, and I see that they do, but it seems confusing to have them crowded in with the off-topic threads. I really think the forum would benefit from having less restricted Phineas and Ferb discussions.

    Telltale Games' Sam & Max subforum is the only one I'm active in, so I'll list the topics of some multipage threads from there that wouldn't be possible here:
    Discussion of the time paradox in the ending
    Sadness about a character's death
    Speculation on a character's motives
    Favourite quotes
    The "I Find Noir Sam Sexy" Support Group (That one's... not for everyone)
    Favourite episode
    Least favourite episode
    Voice acting discussion
    I realise that some of these don't apply to Phineas and Ferb, but the general idea does. And some of them could go in the character discussion topics, but generally those topics can only sustain one discussion at a time before the others get buried.

    Actually, I just had the two criticisms. It's just my opinions, and what works in my experience, it's not a demand.

    Sponsored content

    Re: How do you like the place?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 am