Animation

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Animation

Post by Roy42 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Animation has come a long way from those doodles in the bottom corners of our workbooks during class that have us running or whatever. Now it's just about all done with computers, you'll hardly ever see actual animation, but it still has a nice feel to it, sometimes it's cartoon childish happpy funtimes, sometimes it can get serious, like, uuuuhhhh...

Well, discuss the animated scene here.

Regards,

≈Roy42

Roy42
    Administrator

Re: Animation

Post by Roy42 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:23 am

Well let's remember, this isn't the place to be bashing live action or talking about it in detail anyway.
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:47 am

Right....Sorry, Roy, for getting OT.

Anyways, back to animation, who here remembers Batman: The Animated Series?

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 pm

not me... i've only seen Spiderman (the 1967-70 series which i think is good) and the newer batmana nd spiderman series (those series being lame imo)

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Atomius wrote:not me... i've only seen Spiderman (the 1967-70 series which i think is good) and the newer batmana nd spiderman series (those series being lame imo)
    That was a long time for me, but I do remember the animated series and watched it regularly. I liked it a lot. I also so Spiderman, but of the two, I liked Batman better.
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 am

Batman was the best. Some of the greatest writing ever. It even got 2nd place in IGN's top 100 animated television series, behind The Simpsons.
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:59 pm

hmmm my favourite animation besides phineas and ferb.........not many!
    These are my faves but before i list them i used to be obsessed with pokemon.....it may seem sad but i wanted to fufill my dream...of owning my own charizard.... Very Happy

1.Grim adventures of billy and mandy :The only reason i liked this program was because i loved grim.His accent his cloak....anyway i didnt like billy that much but i liked mandy!

2.Pokemon : (explained above)

3.Tom and jerry : I thought it was funny when i was young but when i got older i realised what they where doing to each other.....

4.Ok this one may sound werid but i used to like the reruns of inspector gadget (im way to young to have been around at the time they where actually aired)

5.Scooby doo (ok this is another one i liked when i was young...i liked shaggy!)

Actually the only cartoons i watch on tv are PaF and The Grim adventures and occasionally i watch Mew mew kitty Very Happy
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

I watch all sorts of cartoons, but PaF has to be one of my favorites. :] Flapjack's my other love right now.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

I still get a chuckle out of Billy and Mandy, but really the only episode I constantly watch of it is "Little Rock of Horror" and only because it was the episode that got me into Voltaire, so glad for that.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 am

Little Rok of horror hmmmmmmm i think my favourite one is where grims mum comes out of a genie lamp and grants them wishes!
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sat May 09, 2009 10:44 am

That was an alright one as well, I hate wish episodes of any show where they all do something nice for each other, or where everyone does disappear, but it's because they wished for "Peace on Earth and goodwill towards man."

Regards,

≈Roy42

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I use to watch a lot of animation back then, such as the old Disney shows ("Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers", "Ducktales", etc...), as well as a lot of "Looney Tunes" and "Tom and Jerry". I also watched a lot of Nickelodeon shows back then such as "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Spongebob Squarepants".

Right now, "Phineas and Ferb" is my obsession, if you will. I am not a big on Japaneese animation, though.
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 am

I myself am a big fan of Anime. Anyone here seen "Cowboy Bebop" ? It's majorly epic. afro
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 am

I'll make a thread specifically for Anime and you can talk about it there.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 am

Laughingcheese:) wrote: 1.Grim adventures of billy and mandy :The only reason i liked this program was because i loved grim.His accent his cloak....anyway i didnt like billy that much but i liked mandy!

I LOVE YOU!!!.... okay, maybe I don't, well, I'm npt saying I hate you... erg, well, I'm just so glad to have finally found someone!

Okay, seriously, Grim was like my own personal Doofy back in the day, accent, some article of clothing that sways epicly, extremely thin, "villianous", suppose to be the "unlovable one", stupid in such a CUTE way!! MYRRRH!!

I loved Mandy's personality and am trying to make an animation just for the heck of it (not for TV, but for me) with a character similar to that of hers. Rude, Cold, Seemingly Emotionless in a Cold Way (Ferb's like that but in a happy, bubbly, loving way!). Anyways, I never got into Billy so much either, I like noses and all (I mean, that's another benefit from P+F; Awesomely Strange Noses) but that was just TOOOO much Billy for one to handle. Except having an overly-dramatic, emotional, cheery character isn't too bad either, I mean, what we do if Phineas was a suicide?

Alright, several animations I watched back in the day (besides from Grim Adventures and 'Grim and Evil'... and the one with 'Carne' or something in it's name, despite all of those) I watched:

Edd, Ed, and Eddy
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Ren and Stimpy (a very small bit, yet enough to remember 'Happy Happy Joy Joy' and 'Log')
    Hey Arnold!
    Early Spongebob, but then when the new "rules" for animation came around and they dropped the dirty stuff and replaced it with sick, disgusting things that weren't even funny (except I never get tired of 'BIG! SCARY!... AND PINK!' I mean, what are they really referring to?)
    Johnny Bravo (smetimes, when my dad felt like it, lol, TV was controlled by him when my mom wasn't around)
    Pinky and the Brain (Yes, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking? WHAT WOULD THE CHILDREN LOOK LIKE!?)
    Animaniacs
    The occaisional 'Cow and Chicken' or 'I Am Weasel' except they were a little... ack.
    Dexter's Labrotory (spelling?)

That's really all I watched and absolutely NOTHING else from the usual.

Recently while going back and re-living my childhood (lol, I'm 13, that couldn't have been very long ago) I realized what kind of amazing innuendos flew by radars (and they always wonder why our generation is so screwed up?). But while I was just checking to see when the next P+F episode was coming on I accidentally pressed a button and 'Guide' page on my DISH thing when up a few paces, as we may call them, and discovered 'Edd, Ed, and Eddy'. Man, I got so excited I had to scroll through them for a little while and discovered that MY CHILDHOOD REMAINS ON PUBLIC BROADCAST!!... sort of... they're still missing 'Johnny Bravo' but heck, that was more of my dad's show.

Well, I'm off to go re-watch some of my favorites!!

And after much thought I have come to the conclusion that Grim was the early-mid 2000 version of Doofy! And after thinking I have found similar (yet obvious) traits they share:

o Accent
    o Villian, "Evil"
    o Stupid in an EXTREMELY cute way
    o Epicly Swaying Article of Clothing
    o "Not American"
    o Single, Bad with Girls, "The Unlovable One"
    o Extremely Thin (they are equally thin)
    o Talkative
    o Kind at Heart
    o Sometimes Acts a Slight on the Homosexual Side (Grim especially)
    o They are totally awesome!

Hmm, anyone agree?
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:07 am

ChatterBox wrote:
    o Sometimes Acts a Slight on the Homosexual Side (Grim especially)
    Don't let the other fangirls hear that, now, they bite.
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:13 am

tiggertine wrote: Don't let the other fangirls hear that, now, they bite.

N'aw, but I like it! Whenever Doof like, throughs himself at Perry I get this deep, burning feeling down inside which only leas to me loving him even more and trying to claim him and show Perry that I can get his butt any day when Doofy's involved, in fact, if he even touches Doofenshmirtz in a harmful way, I SHALL KILL HIM!!! Okay, violent tonight (I read an Invader ZIm quote and now I'm going insane, doesn;t take much!), but I wil kick his butt!

And that is why I love the homosexual stuff. Like when Doof was missing Perry I practically flung myself at the TV and was all like ,"I shall be your nemesis!" and that's always somewhat exciting. Okay, I exaggerated a bit but that's what makes it fun right? I mean, if soaps weren't so overly dramatic, what would be the fun in that?
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:51 am

Ok I know someone who is a major Doofenshmirtz fan. Really Chatterbox she is so obsessed with Doofenshmirtz you would not believe it unless you got to know her like me. June brings over to my house some strange person I never met before. We watch P&F & she is talking about where in the episode Doofenshmirtz or as she calls him Doofy looks the cutest! I should not get to mad because June & I have contests to see who likes Danny more. Danny from Danny Phantom. I have this HUGE crush on him!
    About Grim Adventures of Billy & Many eh I don't like it. I use to watch it back when it was with the show that has a talking brain thats attatched to this bear & they called the 2 shows together Grim & Evil. When it became its own show thats when I stopped watching it. I kinda just prefer the very first 1 with the limbo contest.
    About other cartoons I watch. Wow that would take me weeks to cover! Maybe even months! Well I'll start off with I really really really love Danny Phantom though June says she loves it more. I know nobody loves it more than me! Well she actually did fight to save it when it got cancelled & all I did was write a letter to Nick. It still counts as helping though! I am for the older shows ALL the way! There are so many rules & stuff with shows today so they can't be what they use to be. I really love Animaniacs because it has stuff you would never in a million years see on today's shows. My favorite Animaniacs cartoon is Baloney & Kids. I love the anvil song. Its soooo funny! Its black & shiney ways a ton or two we know you want to meet it it wants to meet you too. Yeah I might have gotten the lines mixed up because they sang it another time with different words.
    There are so many other shows I would love to talk about but it would be to much to read. I mean really talking about cartoons is pretty much my favorite thing to do. There are many many other shows that I love! I do want to make cartoons when I get older & I do have 1 about cats that I've been working on for 2 years. If I had the time I'd also talk about why on earth I actually watch Static Shock. At school I'm known for hating rap so when I told this boy that liked me I watch Static Shock wow you should have seen the scared look in his face. It was awesome!
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 am

My personal favourites:

From Disney Channel/XD-UK (Besides P&F) Jimmy Two Shoes (absolute brilliance, featuring the original Nazz doing Heloise), Kid v Kat, TDA/I (need to bring Action over here)

From CN: Chowder, Flapjack, the 3Eds, Naruto (sadly on reruns over and over again)

There are numerous others I can't think about now.
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:22 am

DjangoKatie wrote: From CN: Chowder, Flapjack, the 3Eds, Naruto (sadly on reruns over and over again)

Aah, Dokey, never would've thought you enjoyed that show, as well. Today, while on YouTube searching for more animated awesome-ness, I was shocked to find an 'Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy' movie of which I have not heard of nor seen intil recently.

I only watched part 1 out of 9 due to the fact that my mother greatly detests YouTube or any uploadings to such websites. But, out of those 9 minutes and 56 seconds, I must say Double D takes the cake for the tear jerker. Sad Made me want to cry (I sort of did on the inside). HE was confessing to something (which he had never said what because he was ever so rudely interrupted by Ed) but I believe we can all take many guesses of what a clean-freak, well-natured 15 year old might have been doing that now he absolutely hates himself for. Surprisingly, I do the same thing when I've done something terrible. I type something out on the computer for my mom (or my dad) to read. And even more surprising, I cry the exact same way when I know I've done something terribly, terribly wrong.

It was quite the emotional little scene and with all the thoughts running through my mind of what he possibly could've done made it all the more enjoyable. I enjoy emotional scenes in movies, I truly do. It's what makes our world so rich, wonderful, and diverse. It was very cute, I loved the animation and voice acting they had in that time slot. Too cute! Am I the only person who thinks that it's cute in a sad way when 15 year old cartoon characters cry over what kind of terrible thing they've done?

Aah, I love Double D's wimpy-ness. I've always been drawn to villains who are incredibly thin who wears articles of clothing that often sway epicly. And if there aren't any villian's to my likings than I'll just pick the cute, nerdy, wimpy kid (and who is usually a spaz because who doesn't love a good spaz every now and then?). Now, I'm off to go google Double D's voice actor in hopes to find more amazing works of his! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 am