The Holiday Season

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Holiday Season

Post by Roy42 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, I just want to start this thread because of what happened at my standard Christmas obligation of going to meet with the rest of my family — and including all aunts, uncles, cousins, and everyone that had a boyfriend or girlfriend coming with them, that's a very large family — this afternoon.

First of all, since my brothers both have girlfriends that have the same first letter in their name (though one of them had to have their name abbreviated for it to work) as does one of my cousins, I have to find a girl whose name starts with an R. My already limited choices of females due to a large portion of them being a league or 5 ahead of me is cut down to just the Rs now. What in the hell?!

I don't even know why I go to these things anymore. I'm past my childhood, so everyone in the family stops giving me lots of awesome presents, and now I just get the exact same template from my grandparents(not that I don't love 'em for it): One shirt that I will wear once before the year ends and forget about, deodorant, some form of chocolates or sweet tooth appeasing food, and a little box-thing that has three 'classy' items in it that usually vary, although they always have a pen in the three.

That was actually the best thing about going, besides the phenomenal food that even beats the food served at the restaurant my brother works at; I was in need of a new watch, which is good that I got a watch in the box of items, along with the pen and a wallet, which was also something I had been planning to replace, as my previous wallet didn't have nearly enough card slots.

I'm NOT a hand model

It's pretty boring on the outside, but I had already put my license and cards inside it,
    and taking them out would be too much of a hassle.

The worst part about this time, though, was that while I was helping my brother make the profiterole tower — if you don't know how it's done, Google; Wikipedia;5 minutes later — the smallest bit of caramel got dripped onto my left index finger and inner knuckle of my thumb. Only was there for a split second, but DAMN that stuff burns hotter than lava! That happened about 10 minutes after I turned up, and I spent the rest of my time there not being able to do much besides hand out presents, because one hand was holding onto ice cold cans of soft drink and cramping up. 5 hours later, I was finally able to take the bandage off of it and have it only hurt minimally.

Soaking in water really helps amplify the 'eugh!' factor, in my opinion.

One of my brothers bought himself an iPod Touch as everyone's gift to him, while my other brother got something with his own money intended as a "You bought this for me" gift, however in that case, I actually was able to get him something: A $70 Remote-Controlled helicopter;

also I'm gonna help him find the best deal on an Xbox360 on Boxing Day that he's going thirds in with his housemates, plus I have over 10GB of TV shows and movies to give him at some point. I totally won this Christmas. As for what I'll be getting from them — which is to say "Buying for myself and letting them take credit for it — I've got a limited edition pressing of a Voltaire CD, a Voltaire brass finish belt buckle, and I'm gonna be getting myself a $100 ocarina.

Now I just have to hang out with my Dad for a few hours this coming week as he starts moving stuff over to the house he bought at the coast, and my family duties are fulfilled for yet another year, and I can go back to just sitting catatonic for two months before I start the hardest four years of my life. I don't know if I hate the holiday season, or if it occurs during Summer here where it averages at 35C (that's 95F, for you Yanks), or if I'm still not that fond of people, and whenever I go out, everyone else is less intelligent than me.

So, what's happened to you so far this holiday season? What do you celebrate? Do you believe in celebrating it? Are you being religious in celebrating it, or materialistic? Did you get what you want yet? Have you snuck a peek at what you're getting? Do you care at all? Share everything about the holidays here, if only to ensure activity outside of the Fan Creations and Games forums for a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also got a 150g box (a couple of hundred of them) of jelly beans from one of my aunts that recently had an operation for a rare type of cancer (think it was in the ovaries, or somewhere in that area). Not just the regular, cheap-ass ones, though, I mean gourmet jelly beans, the ones that actually taste according to the colour, and have as messed up flavours as "Toasted Marshmallow," "Chocolate Pudding" and "Buttered Popcorn." The last one tasted horrible as a Skittle, and a more chewy format has not improved the flavour one iota.

Regards,

≈Roy42

DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Re: The Holiday Season

Post by DjangoKatie on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:40 am

You saw that too?? Was that the 35 that was turned into a parking lot by the weather and that jacknifed 18 wheeler in Oklahoma City?
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:52 am

You got a car, Roy? Shocked Awesome.

Thanks for the welcome back, by the by. And the unexplained-ness of the absence can be explained with the simple fact that all my teachers decided it'd be just dandy to assign a blasphemous amount of homework right before break.

Anyways, nice drawings, Fraggable. Perry Christmas, indeed! And I'm jealous of all you snow people... we usually have snow around here by this time, but sadly the weather is sunny and snowless at the moment... Sad Though I'm definitely not jealous of the pileups! What a day to have a wreck, I hope everybody involved was okay (or at least not dead)...

I'm quite happy, I got four of the most epic presents ever:

- The first six Star Trek movies in a convenient box set. (…Heh.)
    - A notepad entitled “To Don’t” with such lovely categories as “To Avoid”, “To Delay”, “To Pawn Off”, and “To Sabotage.”
    - A cactus (no, really. I’m dead serious.)
    - An SAT study kit, complete with an SAT prep book that weighs five pounds (just what I always wanted!), a giant tin of tea shaped like a London double-decker bus, and a jack in the box for stress release purposes.

Well, Merry Christmas, all. Very Happy I’m off to go help my mom find the custard powder.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Well, I've learned my lesson for next Christmas: If the relatives are still stupid enough to get me gifts, I have to warn them not to get me anything that contains or is a large glass dome; While practicing some of the fight choreography that I'll be using in some stuff I'm working on, I accidentally swung a foot right through the lightning ball that was — in an admittedly not the wisest of placement choices, but there was nowhere else to put it and still be able to plug it in — sitting on the floor, right next to the tatami mats.

The loss of a $25 gift isn't really the biggest problem for me, as is the fact that now, since it's late and I don't want to look everywhere for the dustpan, I've gotta sleep in my backup bed that doesn't have possible slivers of glass still lurking in it.

I knew this holiday season was going far too suspiciously well. Christmas took its time getting me back this year.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Did you find the custard powder yet, eeemeee?

And just what are tatami mats, Roy?
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 pm

You and Christmas just don't get along, do you?

I got a lot of chocolate. And I mean a lot! And about 2 boxes of macadamea nuts. Mmmm.... This chocolate is sooo gonna last a long time.

Not only did I just get chocolate in my stocking, but Dad got me this eyeball that lights up when you throw it on the ground and when you roll it, the eyeball part doesn't move, just the outside. It's sooo weird and cool!
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:40 am

Christmas actually ended up good this year. I always worry before Christmas starts then when it happens its as if all worries are gone. My mom got me this Dogz game for the DS remembering how I use to love playing Petz on the computer even though it always messed it up. Well anyways that Dogz game stank & I went looking in my house to see if we still had Catz 5 because I felt like I needed to play it. When looking I found 10 year old shrinky dinkl paper!!!! I used it to make a little Perry to put on a necklace. The necklace turned out great but the video I took of it stank because I forgot to turn on a few lights.
    Achidanza

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-17

Post by Achidanza on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:09 pm

My little sisters got me Perry the Platypus pjs for Christmas, I haven't been that excited over a Christmas present in years.

@Fraggable
    Dude, that picture is adorable and so is the play on words.

For a second I thought it was a picture drawn on a cake with icing, for some unknown reason. It made me hungry.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Achidanza wrote:My little sisters got me Perry the Platypus pjs for Christmas, I haven't been that excited over a Christmas present in years.

@Fraggable

For a second I thought it was a picture drawn on a cake with icing, for some unknown reason. It made me hungry.

You got Perry PJs?! …Now I hate my entire family once again!

I don't think it's unknown; the lighting and quality of the picture give the impression that it is marzipan icing.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Yesss I don't know how they found them but I was overwhelmed with joy when I unwrapped that gift. I'm also happy that they fit me despite being plucked from the children's clothing section.

You're exactly right. It looked delicious for a second, and I don't even like icing.
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:54 am

YOU GOT PERRY PJS!!!!!? LUCKY! I don't even think they make them for girls because Disney seems to be that way. I wish they did though. I even looked them up & I found them for boys but not for girls! Heres a link to people who are interested - http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Phineas-Ferb-Agent-Pajamas/dp/B002ZH7AVI I did spot a awesome Perry shirt that I might buy. Actually I most likely will buy it. I got the money for Christmas so I can ctually afford it.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

If you had to pick between buying the set of Phineas, Ferb and Perry plushies, the Ferb talking plushy, the Perry talking plushy, the Phineas and Ferb books, and a couple of PaF t-shirts, as well as making some PaF shirts of your own to sell (or maybe even just give) to people you know, or paying to use your mobile phone, turn lights, water and electrical appliances on, and pay for food, which would you pick?

Regards,

≈Roy42
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:21 pm

At least another 10 inches of snow fell in the last 24 hours. My mother said it was about a foot, maybe she's exaggerating, I don't know. Now who wanted some of my swinter?

To Roy: Do they not do a talking Phineas plush?
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:38 pm

We have maybe nine-ten inches now. Supposed to snow really heavy tomorrow afternoon and through the evening and night. I can usually tell when it's going to snow by the hue of the sky, it's just not looking like it's ready for another snow quite yet, but I dunno.

Roy, what exactly did you mean? Forgive me, but I just can't seem to figure what you were asking out.
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Well, he's mainly asking us which we would pick. I already have a Perry plush, so I might go with a t-shirt cuz the other plushes might be a little scary, though I've seen no complaints.

......At least I hope that's what he was asking.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I am asking that, but I think you may have mistaken me for asking if you would pick between more than two options. Would you pick between spending all you currently have on buying out all the PaF merch that eBay is currently showcasing, or would you spend it on being able to use your mobile, paying your bills, food to eat, and all the other annoying human things that have to get done. Christmas left a little more of an impact on me than expected.

Last edited by Roy42 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 am

Bills and whatnot.
    PaF merchandise can be bought slowly over time, one item here and there.
    If essentials absorbed my entire income, then I would cut out the things that wouldn't be absolutely essential to me (for instance, I personally do not need a mobile phone).
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:47 am

Achidanza wrote:My little sisters got me Perry the Platypus pjs for Christmas, I haven't been that excited over a Christmas present in years.

@Fraggable

My cousin got Perry pajamas. I'm so jealous. The ones he got were actually from Walmart, but thank you for the link Dr. Coconut!

As for my holiday, it was alright. I got slippers with my favorite baseball team's logo on them (I won't say which team because they stunk this year), the PaF soundtrack (score!) and clothes. A lot of clothes.

And Roy, hopefully your finger has healed by now. But if it didn't, hope it does.

On a quick sidenote, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. Preparation for finals (actually just school in general) has kept me busy. But I will at least try and visit the forum daily even if I don't post anything.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 am

Oh, right; my finger stopped burning after another hour once I was home of soaking in a wet bandage, which was when I took that picture, and after that it really just looked worse than it was. Didn't change the fact that it had interfered with my afternoon, though.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

....Now I'm suddenly a little scared of hot caramel.

I brought my Perry to school the other day and got him out at the end of the day. A kid named Matthew was talking about Perry the Platypus at our lockers and I said "Perry the Platypus? I have him right here!" and I showed him and he said "Oh, my God." Apparently, his cousin's mom has a Perry, too. Even though he doesn't like the show.

1 of my friends was walking past me as I was going to get Gina and Rachel and she said "Oh, my gosh! I wanted him SOOOOOO much at the mall, but Mom wouldn't let me get him! I might get him next time and we can bring them both to school!" It's so nice to have friends who share the same TV show interests as you.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:04 am

Crowfeather wrote:It's so nice to have friends who share the same TV show interests as you.

…Who you know in real life.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Exactly.
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 pm

It's a shame that our malls and shopping centres over here don't stock P&F merchandise. Is anybody eating their fruit flavoured P&F cereal?
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 am

I feel really rude for not wishing everyone a good christmas..infact I didn't know this even exsisted so im going to post here now..I hope everyone had a great christmas!!!! Very Happy

And I now I won't go near heated caramel XD

So my christmas?

It was good..I got a graphics tablet..Its slightly faulty so its on left hand settings when im right handed! but its good..when I start to get better at my art course I think i might get a fancy one that shows up on the screen..anyway off topic...
    I also got chocolate and a few novelty presents like..pink fluffy earmuffs that I'm never gonna use outside! I also got some Ipod giftcards but I can't use them because my Ipods broken D:

My youngest sister got a few toys..I think starwars characters or something..im not much of a fan...she also got some dr who things like the last annual with David Tennants face on it..that i might hide in my room myself XD

My oldest sister isn't really bothered what she gets so I think she just got Chocolate and showerstuff with a few bits of make-up and..her beloved drinks XD

My granparents seem to think I like Pink and Flowery stuff..which I don't but its nice that they went to the really fancy shops for me...I got a few music disc's off my other granparents Very Happy

We opened all our presents then got ready to go to my Grandma's to cheer her up...after we have meal at hers and talk .We then go to my Grandad and Grans house (I have a very complicated family tree DX) and all my other relatives come.

Also off the topic..I find it annoying the UK does not sell Phineas and Ferb things in shops.....not even the dvds!..I have to download them off youtube DX

And Yes Chatterbox...I love names begining with R..especially since my first name begins with an R...XD
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:12 am

Actually, I've heard of the new PaF flavored cereal, but I haven't seen it yet. But I know the flavors and such.
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:01 am

Crowfeather wrote:Actually, I've heard of the new PaF flavored cereal, but I haven't seen it yet. But I know the flavors and such.

Do they have anything involving Doofy? This might finally be Fooy-O's big break! monkey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 am