Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

**** you roy42

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

**** you roy42

Post by Roy42 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm

So, yesterday I gave a normal review to something posted in the PaF section of Fanfiction.net. It wasn't a story that had anything to do with the show, however, so I reviewed it, making note of how it has absolutely no place on the site. It was basically a blog post, the person had put on the site as a fanfiction.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6072263/1/Akiras_story

My review:

Y'know, I've read some horribly bad stories. I've read some horribly irrelevant stories. I've read stories that flat out insult a character and don't try to hide it. I've read stories that are blog posts that use the characters to try (and fail miserably) to convey a point.

But if you want to write a blog post, start up a f.ucking blog. Don't write a story in the Phineas and Ferb section of this site for something that contains absolutely nothing about the show, characters or setting.

This isn't a story, either; does no one understand what a story is anymore? I see no story of a painful life, nothing that should be astonishing me, surprising me or making me cry. Not like anything can really do those things in fanfiction, but you have written three lines of introductory garbage.

And no, I don't care about your friend or her disease or whatever. Is that because of the way you presented things? Probably; I tend to not give a s.hit when someone can't describe a disease or what kind of hard time a person is supposedly going through, despite the big lavish on how terrible it really is.

This is not a story; it has no place on the Phineas and Ferb section; it has no place on this site; it is against the rules of submission; and even if all of those weren't true, it is so badly written that I pity whoever would be stupid enough to proclaim it as so emotional and great, because they clearly were dropped on their head as a baby for the parents' kicks whenever they got drunk.

You proclaim this as a true story, something to which I reply, "You do know what the very definition of 'fiction' is, don't you?".

Regards,

≈Roy

Today, I receive an email on my phone. I check it and see a review for "Times Change". It wasn't actually a review, but more a way for the user to contact me, since they clearly didn't know about the PM feature that is specifically meant for it. This, by the way, is the user who the previous story was written for and about, if you hadn't guessed by the names yet.

^^ So, you're the ass-hole who Hot Pinkjelly wrote about. You seem like a very
    good Author. Oh, everybody praise and worship Roy42, yaddah'yaddah'yaddah'. I
    know that's not a real word. What're you going to do?

CRITIZE ME!

Like you do to everybody else. All you are is a cocky-know-it-all. think
    you're better than everybody else, eh? They praise you, while you kick dirt
    onto their faces because how "terrible" they are. I'd like to say that you are
    a very, very terrible person. Very terrible, indeed. You have have a gift,
    you're using it, but not in a good way at all. You only write for attention,
    and praise, then cast aside the people who you think are unworthy of you. If
    The One Called Demetra met you, she would be ashamed. I may not be a
    'grammar-geek', but I love to write, and I'm proud of my 'too-many-commas' or
    'ain't', or even '(place jibberish word here)'. Because I have directed a play
    once, yeah, I have. And soon, you'll be kissing your ass goodbye once you hear
    my name on television. You can respond, but, I'd only delete you. You show no
    importance to fanfiction anymore, and should be thrown in the garbadge.

Bye-Bye, Roy42.

See you in hell.

~!Akira!~

It really helped me make it through the last two hours of the day; laughed my head off when I read it, which made me thankful that I read it when it was during a break and no one was around; they're not the easiest things to explain, really.

So, me confused, I went to the PaF section of FF.net to see what this "Hot Pinkjelly" had written about me. Turns out the user had written a new story; one that also had nothing to do with the show, yet was posted in the PaF section. It is entitled "Fuck you roy42" and, while not being the same as the aforementioned day-brightener, it's downright hilarious.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6077864/1/Fuck_you_roy42

The post includes my review of the previous story, followed by a short scene in which I appear in the author's room and get decapitated, to put it simply. Really; that's all there is to the 'story'. The author depicts herself reading the story I had reviewed, wishing death upon me for my review and then, as I appear behind her like your average stalker, she chops off my head with her guitar.

If you're wondering, the person who wrote is is apparently a 12 year-old girl, while the person who sent me the previous message is apparently a 13 year old one. Let that sink in for a few seconds. It's not everyday that you get death wishes and flat out insults from two prepubescents that you don't even know.

It's a shame that these people are likely to never come here and read the forums or read anything that I would ever send them, because I would otherwise explain to them how they're misunderstanding the entire scenario. In any case, it's a fun little situation that's come from it and I encourage everyone to read them for a laugh. Course, you might have a different sense of humour than I do, but I still recommend reading them, if only to feel happy for your intelligence.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Re: **** you roy42

Post by KLCI on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 pm

I saw this yesterday. I just shook my head and laughed. The funny thing is I used to think people who said FF.net was doomed were overreacting, this type of stuff proves me wrong. Honestly, I think my 6 year old niece is more mature then both either of these preteens who wrote this crap.

Not only were both "Akira's Story" and "F You Roy42" both irrelevant. But I think it's rather pathetic when people go online and beg for the world's sympathy. One should not expect sympathy from random people who they’ve never met.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 pm

KLCI wrote:Not only were both "Akira's Story" and "F You Roy42" both irrelevant. But I think it's rather pathetic when people go online and beg for the world's sympathy. One should not expect sympathy from random people who they’ve never met.

Well that's hardly the main problem. Certainly that's one of the very first things I zeroed in on, but, yeah; not the biggest problem here.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    purplewowies

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-05-28

Post by purplewowies on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:52 am

I love how she said "See you in hell." Does that mean she's going? Smile

I actually reviewed the Akira one, stressing how it didn't belong on FF.net about a thousand times. Stories like that are the ones where I pat the author on the head and say, "Your heart was in the right place, but your story wasn't," then I critique them on how well (or usually, badly) their "story" was written.

I was going to review the other, but I remain speechless. How the heck do you cut off somebody's head with a guitar? I mean, seriously? A most likely dull GUITAR? I was almost rolling on the floor at that unlikely scenario.
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 am

Roy42 wrote:
    KLCI wrote:Not only were both "Akira's Story" and "F You Roy42" both irrelevant. But I think it's rather pathetic when people go online and beg for the world's sympathy. One should not expect sympathy from random people who they’ve never met.

Well that's hardly the main problem. Certainly that's one of the very first things I zeroed in on, but, yeah; not the biggest problem here.

That's true, obviously the irrelevance plus the ignorant and unwarranted mud slinging were the main issues here.

Anyway, I wonder how long it will be before the administrators at ff.net delete it? Might be a while due to the lackadaisical attitude they tend to have towards enforcing their own rules.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 am

Well actually, the first thing I zeroed in on was that the method in which she kills me is incredibly unoriginal, plus the spelling and grammar was horrible, as was sentence and paragraph structure, but all the stuff you mentioned is true also.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am

Be sure to check out my review of the story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/r/6077864/

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 pm

On all sides of this issue. Razz
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Is that what you look like?
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:58 am

As a rough guess, I'd say 'no'.

It seems that most people have moved past it, or at least ignored it enough and just stopped bothering. It saddens me that every single person besides me that made any comment on any side of that debacle was missing the point, but it's pretty much over now.

Regards,

≈Roy42

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:59 pm