Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

The Lake Nose Monster

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Lake Nose Monster

Post by Roy42 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 am

After taunting the boys for going to search for the "Lake Nose Monster", Candace begins freaking out on her lifeguard job, seeing the monster at every turn. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz tries to remove all the zinc from the lake, though even he's not sure why.

Share your thoughts on this episode.

Description copied from TV.com

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Re: The Lake Nose Monster

Post by eeemeee on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 am

Three question-thingys regarding this one:

Has anybody noticed that they're starting to point out more blatantly that Ferb and his dad are British? In the early episodes, you could only tell because of their accents. But now, they're giving lines like, "Is that one of those cultural differences, because I don't think they'd even understand what you're talking about in England", and, "Hey, that British kid is saying something really, really.... boring!"

Also, does anybody else think that PaF is starting to get more "mature"? There's that incident we were talking about regarding "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", and then in this episode, when Candace said, "You're not old enough to know what that is!" I was like, "Ehhhhn." Shocked I mean, that could be interpreted in, uh, not G-rated ways...

Lastly, did anybody else feel really bad for Ferb? I mean, Phineas asked for his digital camera, took it, and then smashed it on the ground.... I felt bad for him.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:27 am

1. Well they were kinda obvious about it anyway, but sometimes it's just necessary.

2. It's always been mature, if you think about it.

3. I really wanted to note that, there are instances where Phineas is kind of heartless bastard, but really it only helps "Because It's Fun" even more like that.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:33 am

1. They did sort of point it out through stuff like "You remember we drive on the right side of the road, and the way Grandpa Fletcher spoke, and all that, but they'd never actually gone out and called Ferb or his dad "British" or "English", had they?

2. Mmm, yeah, I s'pose you're right. That line in particular just struck me as "Wait they actually said that?!?"

3. Yeah, thing is, he doesn't intend to be mean. He never intends to be mean, he's just sometimes oblivious to other people's feelings.
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 pm

1) Yeah, well, I guess it's 'cause they want to show off just how cool they are for having an English kid as a main character. xP

2) It's not the first time they've done stuff like that....they've always hinted at 'mature' stuff throughout the series, if you look closely.

3) That part shocked me too. "Phineas! That's not very nice." Well, he can't be perfect...
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 pm

About that digital camera, Ferb got it for what-a-what day? I couldn't understand what Phineas was saying... it was like "Bastille Day", or something?

*Googles "Bastille Day"*

A French national holiday... ah, okay then.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:06 am

Well to point 1 i'd say that doesn't bother me much...

Point 2 i'd have to agree with eeemeee. It did strike me as a bit reminiscent of Rocko's Modern Life-esque stuff... And one thing i like about PAF is it's civilized.

Point 3... YES.
    Crystal

Number of posts : 4

Post by Crystal on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 am

I liked this episode. In fact I've had the 'Wettest Friend' song in my head practically all day. But I do think Ferb was treated unfairly throughout.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 am

Yeah. I did feel kind of sorry for Ferb. It was pretty unfair.
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 am

It was pretty mean of Phineas...i was shocked. Usually he's so nice, and then he just goes and smashes his brother's digital camera? Question Alrighty then...like eeemeee said he does have a tendency to be oblivious to other's feelings.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 am

I guess he thought the monster was more important than his brother
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 am

Atomius wrote:I guess he thought the monster was more important than his brother

Nah, I just think he didn't think about his brother at that particular moment. If he'd thought, "Oh wait, smashing Ferb's camera might upset him" I'm sure he wouldn't have done it.

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 am

Livyrosebud wrote:It was pretty mean of Phineas...i was shocked. Usually he's so nice, and then he just goes and smashes his brother's digital camera? Question Alrighty then...like eeemeee said he does have a tendency to be oblivious to other's feelings.
    I would be also.......I would be like "WTF"are you doing?That would annoy me a lot as well.

eeemeee wrote:
    Atomius wrote:I guess he thought the monster was more important than his brother

Nah, I just think he didn't think about his brother at that particular moment. If he'd thought, "Oh wait, smashing Ferb's camera might upset him" I'm sure he wouldn't have done it.
    Ferb rarely shows emotion, so I wonder what he was thinking at that time?

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:57 pm

One doesn't have to feel emotion for it to be a bad thing, let's not forget. I still don't care much for smashing the camera... i mean i know the monster was no Einstein but if it is as intelligent as it is, surely Phineas could have just deleted the footage... I mean i can see why smashing it would appear to be the best thing to do... But...
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:59 am

This episode has one of my favorite Agent P plots. Why do I love it? No story, no real concepts, just Doof rambling on about big laundry and genies. WOOOOOOOO! We need more of Doofy.
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:48 am

This episode I believe is the most disappointing of Season 2 - it just felt extremely long and drawn out. Most of the half-hour episodes I find have lots of plot and excitement to them, but this one just kind of draaaaaaged. Like a 10 minute plot stretched into a 20 minute episode. The Perry Doof plot particularly wore on me - it was funny at first how Doof didn't know what to do with the Zinc and ordered Buffalo wings, but after about a minute, I was bored.

Plus the song is probably one of my least favorites of all 77 I own.
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 am

Seriously? I actually loved this episode to death.

Yeah, the Perrydoof (heh) plot had no point, but that's why I liked it. It was kinda like a "casual plan foiling"-- want some of my hot wings? These are my deep pondering on genies and the word 'quadrant'-- oh, right, plan foiling time.

And then there were some lines scattered throughout it that are definitely on my favorites list: "Let's act dangerously!" "I'm gonna run with scissors!" "I brought some glass to the beach!" being one of them, and the whole "*snap* Okay!" thing, and Lawrence's fishing story, "Disco was on its way out, and everybody had just begun to realize that they looked absolutely ridiculous in every photograph taken."

And Ferb's line was awesome. Yes, yes, complain about the fact that it had a message, but it was completely subverted by the "Hey, that British kid is saying something really, really... boring." And it also sort of parodied how people act sometimes: "Taking care of the environment? Lame! Let's go do something cool, like throw trash everywhere!"

Song, admittedly, was a bit dull, but the verse "He's not the one who smells the most like masking tape" made it for me. Very Happy
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:17 pm

IamThePlatypus wrote:
    Plus the song is probably one of my least favorites of all 77 I own.
    Which song? You're Gonna Get a Mission was epic.
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Ah yes - that song, and the whole "log in" "log out" part was particularly epic. The "Wettest Friend" song was kinda... meh...
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:14 am

The reason you find the Wettest Friend song not as impacting is because it strikes a very similar chord to the "My Undead Mummy and Me" song from "Are You My Mummy?", however I still enjoyed and enjoy the song in LNM quite a lot.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:54 am

Maybe - but I don't mind that song...

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 am

I did not mind the song itself, but overall, I did like the episode. As for the plot by Doofenschmirtz, it did not seem that good at all, unless you can come up with a reason to take every iota of zinc from a lake. As for Candace.......in this episode, minus towards the end of the episode, she was not really into busting her brothers, which was a relief.

Overall, I did not think the episode was bad at all.
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Hmm...I don´t understand, why it is so bad, that Phineas has smashed the digital Camera of his brother. (Well, I didn´t notice before, that it was the camera of Ferb...no joke, I really don´t notice that) If you´re talking about the same scene like me, then he has do it to show Nosey, that Phineas and Ferb don´t want to take a picture of Nosey. Ferb had sayed something, when he didn´t acept that Phineas has smashed the camera, for sure......or he had do something, 'cause he don´t talk much. And I think, that Phineas could repair the camera. I mean, he can build a rollercoaster and anything else, why he shouldn´t can repair a digital camera? Or he can build a new one. I don´t think, that he has do it, to be evil to his brother. (a hard word, but I can´t say a another word for "evil")
    I like it very much, that Ferb has shown emotions in this episode. It´s the first time I ever seen this and it´s so cute. I want to get this scene with Ferbs Face as a picture on my Computer, but I can´t find it Sad And I feel really sorry for the boys, when Phineas show Nosey the...Video camera communicate...thing (?!) and Nosey thought, that he has take a picture of Nosey and she/he swim away. (What it is? He or She?) And Phineas say "come back". Sooo sad Sad
    The Song "My wettest Friend"....well I don´t like it much. It´s a good song, but not as good as the other Songs of Phineas and Ferb.

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:42 pm

I did not like the "Wettest Friend" song very much.......the only part of the show that I liked was when Nosey swam away from Phineas and Ferb when they showed a video of them and Nosie and Phineas was like "wait.......come back!". That was pertty sad to watch.......poor Phineas.
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:52 pm

I love how they made Buford and Baljeet into an amusing double act, making Baljeet the victim of Buford's innocent jokes. It sure does make a change seeing him act like this when we're used to see Buford always angry at Baljeet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:58 pm