FanFiction

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

FanFiction

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am

First topic message reminder :

This is the forum to discuss all PaF fanfiction in general. Here's some links to get going with.

Phineas and Ferb Fanfiction

Create a FanFiction.Net Account.

What are your favorite fanfictions?

Do you have any you want to share?

Is there a fanfiction so terrible it eats at you?

Discuss all those questions here.

Last edited by Roy42 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regards,

≈Roy42

Roy42
    Administrator

Re: FanFiction

Post by Roy42 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:33 pm

For those of you who still check FanFiction.Net, I've reposted "Times Change" up there. If you plan on following my writing updates, I would advise checking in on my website, http://frozentreasure.com though, since they'll come up a month sooner than FF.Net.

Darkest

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-12

Post by Darkest on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am

I ignore the bad fanfics, I know the author is probably going to freak out. Although I admit there are some bad fanfic writers who admit they suck...but continue to write anyway. I find it a lot harder to flame these guys yet I can't help but feel I ought to tell them to quit by now, as we both know they aren't doing well. I have written fanfiction but no PaF yet, though I plan to. I think I'm ok when it comes to story telling but I'm not so good at grammar. I'm not terrible to the point where I don't put quotations on speech or make it like a online chat. Still I'm not that good. I'm bad at punctuation and I rely on spell check (aka the retarded authors best friend) I'm personally fine with criticism as long as it isnt grammar because I don't really gain anything from that since I know that's my weakness.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Update on the current state of what I'm writing (and by writing, I'm excluding time spent thinking about them in this instance) in my latest blog post. Plus, a little something about "Because It's Fun"…

http://www.frozentreasure.com/blog/2010/04/should-really-update-this/

Regards,

≈Roy42

The Regurgitator

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2010-04-19

Post by The Regurgitator on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 am

Just started one:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5924501/1/Doof_Wins
    purplewowies

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-05-28

Post by purplewowies on Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 am

I've had a FF.net account for, like, ever (ever since I wanted to favorite the first fanfic I ever read--thank GOD it was a good one), and I used it to write a couple stories and read some (mostly Suite Life, though). I didn't start reading PaF fiction until a couple weeks ago, but a couple days after I did, I felt an intense need to write one for PaF. I actually came up with the rough idea during a science lecture, and I couldn't get it out of my head, so I wrote it and published it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5957766/1/You_Did_It

I've been in a block for almost 6 months and I ended up writing that story in about 4 hours. I feel like this is the best thing I've ever written, and considering I get "praise+ConstructiveCriticism" reviews (from writers I highly respect) for my other stories, that should be pretty good, but at the same time I think this is a great story, I also feel like it's a load of crap. What does anyone else think?
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon May 10, 2010 12:57 am

Personally, I would've given it the secondary genre of Poetry. Also, the description wasn't very enticing when I read it 10 minutes ago before seeing this post.

Still…

I'm gonna review it.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed May 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Well I've begun the horrid trek to polish up (you'll see what I mean when I'm finished) "An Unspoken Bond" for Frozen Treasure. All goes well, it should only take a month at the most.

Don't a single person believe me on that, though.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut on Tue May 25, 2010 6:01 am

I just started writing a new Phineas & Ferb fanfic today but I don't think I'm going to publish it or anything. I love to write them but I don't feel comfortable putting them were anyone could read them. I can't even get a fanfiction.net account. I'm to chicken but I was so excited about this 1 I had to share my idea. Well usually my friend & I write them together & if we do a Phineas & Ferb 1 we do it through Perry's eyes. This time I'm trying to write 1 on my own & surprise her with it on her birthday. It does not look like the 1s we write together though. I'm really not that good at putting it into a way where you can tell what character is speaking but I am trying my best. This fanfic started out with a question & well I just built off from there. Its suppose to be like a crossover with another Disney show. She loves crossovers & we spent all weekend watching every single episode of that show. I'll put in a little part I had worked in before I got that far & still have not gotten that far because I am a little stuck. I'm not going to put it how I wrote it because it might be a little hard to understand who is talking. Oh & I got it written down so I would not forget it.

Agent DW: I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the platypus that foils your evil schemes! I am...

Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Perry The Platypus! You can talk now?

Agent DW: No! I am Darkwing Duck!

Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Well I like your enterance more than Perry The Platypus's. You did not break any doors.

Yeah the reason why I did not say the show before putting that in is because I wanted you to wonder who is Agent DW? If you have ever seen the show Darkwing Duck then you would probably have gotten it figured out at the very first line. If you are wondering yes Phineas & Ferb are responsible for Darkwing being in their cartoon. I don't have it figured out yet but somehow Phineas & Ferb get into watching Disney cartoons from the 1990s & they end up loving the show Darkwing Duck so they decide to bring him out of the tv & into their world but accidentally sends Perry into Darkwing's world. So yeah this 1 is also through Darkwing's eyes. Since there is no Perry to stop Doofenshmirtz Darkwing Duck ends up having to do that. Yeah I know it stinks but I know my friend will like it. I'm trying my best to write it so that she would like it & I am excited about what I have done & wanted to share the idea with someone but yeah no way would a Phineas & Ferb & Darkwing Duck crossover work out. Although I do think it would be cool if there was a crossover with a current Disney cartoon with 90s Disney cartoon.

The Regurgitator

Post by The Regurgitator on Wed May 26, 2010 3:50 am

I'm writing a crossover fic with Time Warp Trio. And some other stuff.

Here's a few future titles:

ALL FIRED UP:
    CARL IN LOVE
    DOOFENSHMIRTZ GETS BUSTED:
    HE OBLIGATORY CLIP SHOW EPISODE:
    phinbellaforeva4

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by phinbellaforeva4 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 am

Well, I have an idea for one, I'm just not sure if I should publish it; put I'll put the plot here anyway: [and
    Phineas and Ferb in the Playground of the World
    Phineas and Ferb go to an amusement park in Danville and become interested in visiting some other parks. As they search [via the internet] for some, they tumble upon some very old ones; ones that do not exist anymore, back in Coney Island. [And yes, this features Steeplechase, Dreamland, and Luna Park.] So, they go back and visit Surf Avenue in it's glory, in 1905.

I've always been fascinated with the history of old New York, so I want to try this, it's just that not many people now about this ''Playground's'' history, some may not have heard of the place altogether, due to the decline in popularity after World War II. [I'm not sure if I'll put this up, this is just an idea.]

Darkest

Post by Darkest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 am

I've been reading some fanfiction and my god do some of them suck. Where the hell do they get the idea of Gretchen pointing a gun at Isabella and shooting her? ...Yeah, I know.

Anyway, I'm going to sound like an idiot right now, but who the hell is Emily and why is she in several fanfictions? Did I miss an episode or something?
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:03 am

Link me to one of the fanfictions that contains this 'Emily' person; she's an OC — that I know without even having to check — but I'm guessing the author has been writing them in as if they were a character of the show, or something?

Regards,

≈Roy42

Darkest

Post by Darkest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm

purplewowies

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-05-28

Post by purplewowies on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:24 am

I have to say, even though I've read nothing with her in it, I do like her design (in other words, she's pretty).

Darkest wrote:I've been reading some fanfiction and my god do some of them suck. Where the hell do they get the idea of Gretchen pointing a gun at Isabella and shooting her? ...Yeah, I know.

Is it wierd that I liked chunks of that story? (You're talking about Runaway by PFT, right?) I certainly didn't like the entire story, though, especially not the shooting parts. I mean, I get that Isabella's stressed out because of what is happening (and apparently has PTSD), but what sheltered LITTLE GIRL from the suburbs would dream/imagine those things (never mind that Phineas was *SPOILERS* poisoned by a creepy man that planned on shooting/killing him)?
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 am

I read that story, actually. What do I have to say about it? I have to say that it started out like it was going to be interesting, and then it just started going all over the place with plots that make absolutely no sense and really are unneeded. Really, that story needs to be rewritten due to the massive chunks of possibly writer's block induced material. I'm pretty sure I got lost in what the hell was going on about five times. Nothing even freaking makes sense!

And Emily...well, apparently, she's an OC from the mind of "Disneygirl10", according to several sources. Her backstory is that she's an old friend of Ferb's from England and they meet each other in Danville and fall in love, etc. Somehow, it caught on within the entire fanfiction-writing fanbase, and now everyone ships them for some reason. Really just confuses me as to why everyone loves to ship them, as it just seems to be the same story every time.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 am

If you ship it, they will come.

Regards,

≈Roy42

Darkest

Post by Darkest on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 am

TheFraggable74 wrote:I read that story, actually. What do I have to say about it? I have to say that it started out like it was going to be interesting, and then it just started going all over the place with plots that make absolutely no sense and really are unneeded. Really, that story needs to be rewritten due to the massive chunks of possibly writer's block induced material. I'm pretty sure I got lost in what the hell was going on about five times. Nothing even freaking makes sense!

This

The Regurgitator

Post by The Regurgitator on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 am

Anyone got a link to that story?

Not that I want to read it or anything....

Darkest

Post by Darkest on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5871659/1/bRunaway_b

Anyway, has anyone ever wrote a fanfic and thought it was pretty bad or mediocre or you at least botched something up and then you get all these nice reviews from people telling you they loved it? Happens to me quite a bit...
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 am

Darkest wrote:Anyway, has anyone ever wrote a fanfic and thought it was pretty bad or mediocre or you at least botched something up and then you get all these nice reviews from people telling you they loved it? Happens to me quite a bit...

Generally how I view "Times Change" and, to a lesser extent, as it's only the first 5 chapters or so, "An Unspoken Bond".

Regards,

≈Roy42

Darkest

Post by Darkest on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 am

Roy42 wrote:
    Darkest wrote:Anyway, has anyone ever wrote a fanfic and thought it was pretty bad or mediocre or you at least botched something up and then you get all these nice reviews from people telling you they loved it? Happens to me quite a bit...

Generally how I view "Times Change" and, to a lesser extent, as it's only the first 5 chapters or so, "An Unspoken Bond".

Your fanfiction or someone elses?

The Regurgitator

Post by The Regurgitator on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 am

To be honest, I don't like Times Change that much either. Though it may be because I don't like reading walls of text. But it's well written, I'll give it that.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

The Regurgitator wrote:To be honest, I don't like Times Change that much either. Though it may be because I don't like reading walls of text. But it's well written, I'll give it that.

I left the text as walls simply to preserve how it originally was, but my gripe is that it's actually not that fantastically written, as I see it.

Regards,

≈Roy42

The Regurgitator

Post by The Regurgitator on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:49 am

This isn't a fanfic but it was in the P & F section of FF.net. Plus it's called "Fuck you roy42"

So ya.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6077864/1/Fuck_you_roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't worry; I'm already making a new thread on it. Personally, it was a brilliant day-brightener for me. No joke.

Regards,

≈Roy42

The Regurgitator

Post by The Regurgitator on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Your awesome man

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:50 am