FanFiction

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

FanFiction

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am

First topic message reminder :

This is the forum to discuss all PaF fanfiction in general. Here's some links to get going with.

Phineas and Ferb Fanfiction

Create a FanFiction.Net Account.

What are your favorite fanfictions?

Do you have any you want to share?

Is there a fanfiction so terrible it eats at you?

Discuss all those questions here.

Last edited by Roy42 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regards,

≈Roy42

tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Re: FanFiction

Post by tiggertine on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 pm

If you're so fed up with the current stories, why don't you write one. xD

As for me, I've got nothing.

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:08 pm

tiggertine wrote:If you're so fed up with the current stories, why don't you write one. xD

As for me, I've got nothing.
    I am working on my current story, "The Truth About Bucky", but I haven't figured out what should happen next. it is so fustrating when you cannot figure out the exact plot of a chapter. I do have a general outline, which I made for me to giude me for how I want to story to go, and how to eventually end. It is the details to fill in, which are hard.

I am also working on ideas for other "potential" stories based on some of the recent episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" that have aired.
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 am

I've put all my PaF stories on hiatus, speaking of.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:54 am

I would disagree slightly with you, Neerav. I find that there are quite a few interesting concepts, but nothing that is executed well.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:49 am

BigNeerav wrote:I am working on my current story, "The Truth About Bucky", but I haven't figured out what should happen next. it is so fustrating when you cannot figure out the exact plot of a chapter. I do have a general outline, which I made for me to giude me for how I want to story to go, and how to eventually end. It is the details to fill in, which are hard.

Welcome to life. xD

Such, in my experience at least, is the ways of writing. You start out with a very slight clue what you're doing, and then when you're done you end up with something that's good in parts and an utter mess in others. So then you overhaul the entire thing, and end up with something that's a bit less of a mess, but still not perfect, so then you rework it again (while keeping all plot devices straight and still functional) until you end up with your story. And it's completely different from when you started.

This is the reason I really can't stand the fanfiction way of writing-- publishing it one chapter at a time. When it's done that way, you have no way of reworking anything when you get to a point in your story at which you think "Oh, that's how I should've done it!" You have to know exactly what you're doing. Really annoying... or "fustrating" as you put it.

*rant over* Razz
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:03 am

Well I didn't know exactly what I was doing for any of my fanfics when I started them out, not even "Times Change" which seems to be one of the best stories on the section. With the exception of "Chaos" (working title), I now know exactly what I'm doing with all of them, even after releasing single chapters at a time, and I'll still continue to release one chapter at a time, because it works for me, I never even consider reworking anything and the story works fine when I finish it.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Posted chapter 9 of "An Unspoken Bond"

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:37 am

Roy42 wrote:I never even consider reworking anything and the story works fine when I finish it.

Right, so that's why several chapters of Because It's Fun ended up vanishing and being replaced by completely different stuff? Wink

Anyways, I guess it works for some people, but not so much for me. Such an awkward system... more instantly gratifying, but awkward....
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am

eeemeee wrote:
    Roy42 wrote:I never even consider reworking anything and the story works fine when I finish it.

Right, so that's why several chapters of Because It's Fun ended up vanishing and being replaced by completely different stuff? Wink

Anyways, I guess it works for some people, but not so much for me. Such an awkward system... more instantly gratifying, but awkward....

I assume you're being sarcastic, as I never replaced anything, none of it was completely different, the first time was with the special chapter that I haven't deleted, the second was to add to the existing chapter since it was considerably shorter than usual.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 am

This is quite noteworthy: I wrote a review/critique for a new story, "Cousin Bartie", on FF.net earlier today. A few minutes ago, I got a reply from the author, who decided to delete the story after reading the review.

Despite how if other users on FF.net that aren't fond of my reviews knew that I caused the story to be deleted would be mad at me, I like it when things like this happen, since it fuels my wondering of if I am secretly the master of PaF fanfiction.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:11 pm

Updated "An Unspoken Bond" with chapter 10, and updated "Why?" with chapter 6.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:46 am

Woo-hoo! I haven't gotten the time to read them yet (mainly because I just haven't been in the reading mood but I'm sure they're great!) Maybe sometime this week I'll manage to read them, anyways...

Hurray for crack-poy pairings! It was so much harder than I thought at around 7:30 last night... I had stayed up to about 3:00 in the morning, by then, crack-pot pairings were a cinch. The complete work of art I now bring to you: JeremeyxDoofenshmirtz

Pretty good, eh? I've been planning on making a fanfiction but fearing my mom might just stumble upon it, I'll find ways; nothing stops a rabid fangirl! Twisted Evil
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 am

Y'know, I vaguely recall a Crack Pairing Thread from Ye Olde Days on the Site That Must Not Be Named...not sure if anyone came up with that particular pairing, but it's always fun to speculate. 8D AND DOOFEMY IS SO CANON IT HAS A COUPLE PORTMANTEAU. OHSNAP--

You could always hide it in an obscure folder directory like I do, if your mom's not that tech-savvy. xD
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:27 am

Well of course Doofemey is canon! You'd be out of your mind not that no that (that sentence was so drenched in sarcasm I don't even know how to explain it).

My mom is not so tech savvy BUT she pretty much hangs around the house all day while I'm getting yelled at by greying adults everywhere, getting my fingers jammed in a locker, and weirding out every person possible. But, as I think I had said before, nothing stops a rabid fangirl! Must.... WRITE..... DOOFEMEY!!
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

tiggertine wrote:
    You could always hide it in an obscure folder directory like I do, if your mom's not that tech-savvy. xD

I do that...you wouldn't guess how many fanfics I done are named hahahaha or pictures named jelly...anway off topic.

Yes Chatterbox..your write your Doofemey!!!...Fangirls must write!!!
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 am

You should do it! I'd be embarassed if my parents found my fanfiction files too. What I do is upload a random file (an essay I wrote for English or something) on ff.net, then just erase all that and write my story on that. It's worked so far.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 am

Jeez, I at least had a computer of my own when I was a teenager that my parents had no reason to go on, in fact I've had a PC (read: Personal Computer that is Mac, not Windows) of my own since I was, pfffffffffffft… probably 6 or so. Of course until I was about 11, my dad did need to go on it to help sort my computer problems, but they wouldn't just be allowed to look at my personal stuff, I find it odd that you're not allowed to lock them out of the folder.

But there's also the fact that I just don't get embarrassed, not since I was 4, anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered and certainly doesn't now.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 am

Hehe, I like how your parents 'aren't allowed' to go through your personal files. xD Some of us aren't quite as privileged.

My mom looks through the files on my computer all the time, but she usually doesn't go through the ones named something like 'winxpscript4401.htm' or 'English Assignment September 7', especially when they're hidden in a folder inside a folder inside (repeat ad nauseum). I guess it wouldn't be such a big deal if she did find any fanfic on my computer, but she'd probably laugh at me anyway. xD "Oh, you wrote a story about that kids' show? That's so cute, ahahah! *calls over dad*"
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:57 am

What have you written for Phineas and Ferb? Although I'd be more interested in how they'd react to your genderbend pictures.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 am

First off, Roy, you have been very priveleged; I on the other hand, have not. Now three words that make a big difference: No Day Job.

And thirdly-mirdly, Mr. Bee, exactly what have you written? I am very curios... Roy pretty much said what I was going to say so whatever.

I have tried drawing that "It Doesn't take a Genius..." picture, still not getting very far. Doof's just to hard to convert to a girl despite all his girl-ish traits and squeaky (yet awesome) voice! I think I'll try Perry instead, I've already got an idea for him Twisted Evil

Now moving back onto the topic of FanFiction, my Doofemey is about to take the leap and start to begin. The only problem I'm having, how did they come across each other? (This is a big thing for me because without, my story can't begin). So much more challenging! Why is it that everything I try I miserably fail before I even start?!
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:15 am

Well at least you're thinking about something I would scrutinise when reading the final product, so good work, however I would probably avoid reviewing it anyway, mostly because of the pairing.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 am

Roy42 wrote:What have you written for Phineas and Ferb? Although I'd be more interested in how they'd react to your genderbend pictures.

Hehe, haven't actually written anything for PaF (that I've published to FF, anyway)....I try to, but it always comes out dreadfully bad, and asdfghkjm delete fanfic.

Mr. Bee....ooh, fun nickname, even though I'm not quite sure what it has to do with me. 8D
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:35 am

In other news, I expect I'll have a new chapter of "Simulations" and "Because It's Fun" by the end of the month.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm

tiggertine wrote: Mr. Bee....ooh, fun nickname, even though I'm not quite sure what it has to do with me. 8D

I'm not quite sure... I mean, that wasn't the first time I have said it (first time on here, I believe). The origins of such complete elude me. I know that the saying "Thirdly-Mirdly, Mr. Bee" came from the bubbling lagoons of my imagination (see, it couldn't be 'pits of my imagination' because much much more erkljf things come from there).

In other words, my Doofemey is now starting it's first chapter!! =D Except the way they met is pretty stupid if you ask me; a hardware store. Jeremy was still into "philanthropy" or however you spell it and picking up a few things and Doofenshmirtz was gathering a few items that he could've found cheaper at the store rather than shopping online. I know it's bad but because there is SOOOOOO little relationship between the two at all that's what makes it so difficult (and fun all at the same time). I'll be switching from third person to first person to ANOTHER first person and blah, blah, blah because I just want too. I also have my own ending which could give it a possible sequeal (or just a "Part Two") with Candace and her other... erm, "man" (I will tell you that she is NOT dating a girl, I can do DoofenshmirtzxJeremy but NOT girlxgirl, well, I just chose not too for now until I discover another amazing crack pairing).
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Well it seems to be doing well from what you have put down...and people meet in hardware stores all the time...it isn't stupid XD
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:42 pm

If I hadn't gained a reputation on FF.net for a pure loathing of crack pairings (at least in the PaF section), I'd have done every crack pairing under the sun.

As for meeting in a hardware store, I don't think that's a bad idea, but a good idea can still be delivered terribly, so we'll see.

Also, you did spell philanthropy correct.

Regards,

≈Roy42

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:59 pm