Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:15 am

The relationship of Perry and Doofenshmirtz is an interesting one, to say the least. They are categorised as a "Frenemies" pairing, as they daily battle with one another over a contraption or overcomplicated scheme, however they show time and again how they don't simply do it for professional reasons, they both enjoy spending the time with one another as they fight, they even get along on occasions, partially due to Doofenshmirtz not being the most inherently evil villain seen, but also due to their feeling of completeness with each other.

Share your thoughts on this paring.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Re: Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Post by eeemeee on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:20 am

The relationship of these two is probably my favorite on the show, because it's so unusual and hilarious.

However, I wouldn't describe them as a "paring". I wouldn't even describe them as a pairing, to be frank. Razz

The word "pairing" will get people thinking "romantic couple." And while I know that that's not the only sense of the word, not is what you meant when you said the "share your thoughts" line (even without the typo Wink), some people would probably take it that way. Which annoys me to no end. Some people just can't see two characters close to each other without shipping them... Rolling Eyes I mean, some of those drawings on DeviantArt... Shocked Question Exclamation
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 am

…are off topic. I have specifically said they are a "frenemies" pairing. I do describe them as a pairing, because that's what they are, f**k you anyone who says otherwise.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 am

I know that that's what they are, and you know that that's what they are, and everybody else here knows that that's what they are... I was merely saying that a frightening amount of other people can't seem to comprehend that that's what they are, which is extremely disturbing.
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 am

Ohohoho, and on dA it gets worse. Those pics I showed ya guyses in the chat were a mere sampling....I've seen Perry....doing things....strange, strange things....

I blame Rule 34.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:46 am

Again, off topic, this is for discussion on them, not on how bad the fanbase for them can get. Take that to the fan creations forum.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:11 am

Guy love, that's all it is! Guy love, he's mine, I'm his! There's nothing gay about it in our eyes....sorry, I just needed an excuse to slip a Scrubs reference in. xD

I really like the PerryxDoofy dynamic, it's funnysauce. Like, how the only reason they pretend to hate each other is because it's their job. ("Perry the Platypus, come right in and try some of my homemade cheese....oh, and did I tell you about my new online girlfriend?")

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Well i think it's a great relationship all round. Doofenshmirtz and Perry are like Shego and Drakken if Shego and Drakken were opponents, imo. I wouldn't take it any further than friendship, though, unlike those Deviant Artists, but rather i think they are a Holmes-Moriarty, Doctor-Master type pair of villain-hero. Joker-Batman etc, the list goes on. And i'd agree with Roy they are more 'frienemies' than true enemies. However i would class them as 'upstanding opponents'- in that they fight each other... but are... well upstanding about it.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:19 am

Atomius: Little less OT when you go to create a list, please.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 am

I've always loved the Perry/Doof plotlines, they're hilarious, of course. I always thought of them as frenemies as well, and when I found out some people thought of them 'that way'.... well I was seriously squicked to say the least. But, it's still a great relationship, I always get a kick out of those scenes where Doofy takes Perry grocery shopping with him or something. Laughing
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:00 am

I personally loved it when they shared the hot wings. "Oh, these are good, man, you want some?" They acted like buddies over to watch some sports game or something. Very Happy

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah that was cool. I like how they are friends yet opponents. Like two friends playing a video game.

And to Roy- i was using the examples that came to mind. I often get random examples... sorry.
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 pm

I think the perry/doof plotlines are a rare thing in many programs.Its all about violence "Any last words?" *superhero/ninja/agent gets outta trap BOOM BANG WALLOP!!! good guy wins* *evil villian rage* I hate you Ninja/superhero/agent!".Doofy and perry have a friend relationship and thats one of the best parts in the show.I mean how many villians have you seen tell the hero about there day and whats up in there life? Evil or Very Mad (evil face is pointing out evily that hes seen none!)
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:27 am

Which is exactly why I like the two much better than any other show, even if the plot was taken from Kim Possible (as in, even if Dan and Swampy actually said they did), at least when Perry and Doofenshmirtz are being professional, they're actually being professional about it, plus, Perry is unable to give lip.

Regards,

≈Roy42

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:19 pm

I have read many comments on hoe the Perry/Doofenschmirtz subplot makes the show more interesting, and it does. I am glad they have this element to the show.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:38 pm

I guess it's just so unique, you can't compare their relationship to any other show, at all, that kind of originality I miss, I mean, on some occasions he stops Doofenshmirtz's plans that don't really need stopping, but in the cases like "Get That Bigfoot Outta My Face!" when he thinks "Well he's not doing anything, so I might as well help him until I can get out of here.", make it worthwhile.

Regards,

≈Roy42

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 am

You know, some of the plots of Doofenschmirtz schemes are getting a bit.......well, boring. I mean, I do feel sorry for Perry because he had to be bothered to go stop Dr. Doofenschmirtz when some of this schemes are not even worth worrying about. Even I am getting kind of bored with some of his schemes.
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 am

The Perry/Doofy relationship is everytime great. I´ve watch the episode with Peter, the Panda and since there I think, that Perry and Doofenshmirtz are friends, deep, deep inside. But if they would show, that they´re friends, the show would be boring. The Perry/Doofy plot is a importent part on the show, I think.

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:40 am

I prefer it when Perry kicks Dr, Doofenschmirtz's butt rather than be friends with him. It just makes it more entertaining that way, in my opinion.
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Violence isnt always fun though....i mean On the car wash episode why did Perry have to keep hitting him agianst his shrinking ray when he obviously wanted to write his 1,000 sticky note to tell him to turn it off!!!!!! Very Happy

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 pm

I do notice sometimes that Perry does sort of overdo the thrashing that he gives Dr. Doofenschmirtz. Too bad for Dr. D, if he was good in martial arts, that would actually make the battle between him and Perry mroe interesting to see. It would remind me of the old Bruce Lee movies I use to watch.
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:31 am

Well you notice that sometimes Doofenshmirtz does fight well. He never actually hurts Perry like he does Doofenshmirtz, but his skills were pointed out even in the pilot, "Rollercoaster", in which Perry was fighting Doofenshmirtz, but he fought well enough and gained the upper hand that let him activate his failed invention.

As Big Mitch said about Meap, it's just a cool thing about Perry that he constantly acts in a way counterintuitive to how he superficially appears, Doofenshmirtz mentioned this in "De Plane! De Plane!" when he said "That was the last highly improbable judo maneuver…"

The point is that Perry needs to overdo the violence to constantly show how he might seem to be a mindless, helpless domestic, green platypus, but in actuality, he is every bit, nay, better, than even a "Double 0" agent of the British Secret Service.

Regards,

≈Roy42

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Dr. Doofenschmirtz DOES have moments where he does hurt Perry or gains the upper hand, but then the next moment, does something stupid in which Perry kicks his butt. I don't see many moments in the episodes that have aired of "Phineas and Ferb" where Dr. Doofenschmirtz actually injured or causes more work/trouble for Perry.......for the most part, Perry seems to fight much better than Doofenschmirtz, since all of the agents in "The Agency" are quite highly trained in martial arts.
    LillyCrystal

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by LillyCrystal on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:19 am

I love Perry and Doofenshmirtz relationship. There are moments where Dr. D is kinda nice to Perry, but then he quickly goes back to hating him. it's really funny and i just love any episode where Perry and Doofenshmirtz are working together. For example, when they went shopping together in "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)" or in the episode "Thaddeus and Thor" when Perry helped Dr. D practiced kicking the kick ball and then consoled him when he still lost to his brother.

But something a lot of people look over is when Doofenshmirtz almost says that Perry the Platypus is his best friend in "The Chronicles of Meap". Of course this was mostly because he was angry at his best friend Ballooney, and of course Perry punched him off the space station. But still, i found it interesting that Doof would classify Perry as his best friend in the situation. I personally think they are best friends, and they find their ongoing battle of good against evil the best part of their relationship. Really, i can't say that i've seen a relationship like this.

BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:14 pm

You are right.......there are times whjen it is a bit strange, in which one moment, Dr. Doofenschmirtz is friends with Perry and the next moment, they are enemies (or vice-versa), but it makes the Perry subplot and the interactions between the two characters much more interesting that way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 am