Coming Soon, to a forum near you!

Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Coming Soon, to a forum near you!

Post by Roy42 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Take a look around, you'll find quite an extensive list of upcoming movies, some continuations of old franchises with ever higher sequel numbers, some original plots that you don't know what to make out of.

Discuss what's coming to the big screen in the next few years.

Regards,

≈Roy42

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Re: Coming Soon, to a forum near you!

Post by BigNeerav on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:01 am

tiggertine wrote:I know you weren't insulting retarded people, I'm just saying that it wasn't retarded. It was.....well, even worse than retarded. *attempts to think of more suitable adjective*
    I can't even think of what is worse than retarded. All I know is that just by watching the previews, it is not even worth seeing.

I mean, how can Disney come up with such terrible stuff?
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:13 am

I saw the trailer for the film inspired by the Avatar tv series.

Omg it's going to be sooooooooo epic.
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Laughingcheese:) on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Avatar???? a film about the program...hmmmm im not sure.. i used to watch Avatar and then it got outta hand with all the mumbo jumbo....I will look to see if it gonna be watchable though (in my eyes of course).Oh and with that G-Force i laughed....at the fact that the lines where extremly corny and how Disney could actually put something like that on peoples screens or cinema screenings about Super agent Guinea Pigs...not gonna watch DEFINATLY!!!!!
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:44 pm

The Avatar trailer looks good - looks like the casting controversy is over. And, yes, laughingcheese, an Avatar movie, M. Night Shymalan's directing it, seriously. And Avatar was amazing always, no flaws, at least in my opinion. geek

Oh, and to answer Roy's earlier question about "9" - I'M HISTATIC! Finally, an animated movie gets enough grit to be PG-13. I mean, the last time anyone did anything similar was with Ralph Bakshi back in the '70s. Needless to say I am looking forward to this film, animation is surely under appreciated for it's true potential.

Anyone seen the commercials for "Year One" ? I haven't seen the movie yet but I want to SO BAD - it looks so, so funny.
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Livyrosebud on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 pm

THe Avatar trailer looks awesome. The special effects seem like they're going to be amazing. I only have one question, and that's why is Aang at one of the air temples with the Fire Nation attacking him?

I'm looking forward so so much to 9. I keep forgetting to watch the short film, but I've heard it's very good, so I'll have to do that. And no, I haven't seen any Year One commercials, what is that one about?
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351

Post by Roy42 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:19 am

phineasavatar1 wrote:Oh, and to answer Roy's earlier question about "9" - I'M HISTATIC! Finally, an animated movie gets enough grit to be PG-13. I mean, the last time anyone did anything similar was with Ralph Bakshi back in the '70s. Needless to say I am looking forward to this film, animation is surely under appreciated for it's true potential.

Uh, if you want to see other animated/CGI films that deserve PG-13 status then why not look at some of the other Tim Burton films? I really think they should be PG-13 if they aren't already, certainly not G. At the very least, "Up!" contains quite a bit of violence, including actual guns, it is a movie I would really have thought it be rated PG-13, if it isn't already.

Regards,

≈Roy42
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:34 am

Not considering the things they can get away with in PG and PG-13 movies nowadays... Blah...

But that is a rant for another day. Smile

The Avatar effects look totally amazing, and Rose, I'm not sure that's actually going to be a scene in the movie, I think it is more likely a sequence used to showcase the main character using his element, and then gain suspense by showing a bunch of fire ships coming. I would be willing to bet that specific sequence will not be anywhere in the movie. I personally LOVED the cartoon, and I hope the movies will do it justice. (And hopefully M. Night Shymalan's directing will certainly help.)

"9" looks a little dark for my tastes, but we'll see what happens. Smile
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Roy: Uh, if you want to see other animated/CGI films that deserve PG-13 status then why not look at some of the other Tim Burton films? I really think they should be PG-13 if they aren't already, certainly not G. At the very least, "Up!" contains quite a bit of violence, including actual guns, it is a movie I would really have thought it be rated PG-13, if it isn't already.

I haven't seen "Up," but knowing now-of-a-days, PG movies can get away with most anything, so I believe you. I read somewhere that "Dragonball: Evolution" contained language even Comedy Central would censor. I have seen several Burton films, a majority of them have gained PG-13 and R, but the majority of his cartoons are PG (all if I'm not mistaken).

ITP: The Avatar effects look totally amazing, and Rose, I'm not sure that's actually going to be a scene in the movie, I think it is more likely a sequence used to showcase the main character using his element, and then gain suspense by showing a bunch of fire ships coming. I would be willing to bet that specific sequence will not be anywhere in the movie. I personally LOVED the cartoon, and I hope the movies will do it justice. (And hopefully M. Night Shymalan's directing will certainly help.)

I think we got to consider Shymalan's biggest hit, Sixth Sense, as the basis for the film - if it's anything like it, it'll be amazing. I don't think the whole scene will be in the film, but where the Fire Nation ships are attacking is an obvious scene from "Siege of the North." I'm not very sure how it can all roll out, though - after all, it's a adaption of the entire first season, which really was a bunch of "fillers" in between the first two episodes and when they reach the North Pole. So, I'm still unsure how it will work out.[b]

Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I can't wait for "The lightning theif"!!!!!!!!
    I want to see it NOW! I've read all the books and reread all the books!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm